Myers Thompson Medeiros offers exceptional immigration law services with a concentration in corporate immigration law and compliance. We have over 30 years of experience enabling diverse businesses worldwide to use U.S. Immigration Laws to enhance their United States workforces. Our clients consist of not only individuals, and both small-to-medium-sized regional employers, but also large, international employers with operations throughout the United States and the world. The services we provide our clients include the following:
- Developing company or institution-specific strategies and practices related to cost-effective and efficient onboarding and retention of foreign national employees with an eye for maintenance of seamless work authorization for the duration of employment.
- Securing temporary work-authorized statuses on behalf of foreign employees (H, L, O, E, P, R, TN, B-1);
- Obtaining waivers of inadmissibility and the two year foreign residence requirement on behalf of foreign medical graduate employees;
- Navigating the complex path to permanent residency through the preparation of labor certification (PERM) applications, employment-based second and third preference petitions (advance degree professionals, exceptional ability individuals, professionals, and skilled workers), employment-based first preference petitions (outstanding researcher, extraordinary ability, multi-national manager or executive), and national interest waivers;
- Assisting in consular processing of temporary work visas and immigrant visas at U.S. consular posts abroad;
- Preparing naturalization applications and advising on claims to U.S. citizenship;
- Advising on compliance issues related to completion and retention of Form I-9, Labor Condition Applications required for H-1B and E-3 processing and labor certification applications, among other processes;
- Monitoring and tracking expirations and deadlines associated with employment authorization and stay of foreign-born employees in the United States and updating foreign-national employees on the status of their individual case;
- Providing training and education to ensure employers’ in-house teams stay current on constantly changing statutes, regulations, policies, and procedures associated with U.S. immigration; and
- Collaborating with congressional offices and local and national immigration advocacy organization to improve immigration processes and laws on behalf of our clients.
Myers Thompson Medeiros’ Fee Structure
Because our clients prefer flat rates for specific procedures to allow them to budget costs, this is the system we use. Based on the excellent working relationship we have with some of our larger corporate clients, and the resulting efficiency with which we can process their cases, we are able to provide those companies and their employees discounts for some of our standard green card processes.